Summer is coming to an end in Montana and fresh plums are now available at local farmer's markets. This recipe is a simple variation of traditional German Plum Cake, made using Montana's seasonal plums! Moist and delicious the GoSun does a superb job of capturing the plum's seasonal flavor! - Recipe Via Petra D., GoSun Culinary Ambassador
Yield: 4 Servings
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 45 Minutes (Full Sun)
Total Time: 60 Minutes
1 cup Flour ( I use whole wheat organic pastry flour by Great River Organic Milling)
1/4 of a cup Sugar
1 Medium Sized Egg
3 Medium Sized Plums
1/2 Teaspoon Cinnamon
1 Dash Nutmeg
1/3 Cup Warm Water
1/2 Stick Butter (50 gr) Margarine (Oil will work as well)
1 Teaspoon Dry Yeast
1. In a bowl mix all ingredients (except cinnamon and plums) to form a sticky dough. Keep half of the sugar to sprinkle later onto the plums mixed with the cinnamon.
2. Set dough aside covered while cutting the plums in slices.
3. Line the GoSun tray with a silicone mat or make sure you grease it really well with butter.
4. Spoon the dough into the tray, spread with a knife.
5. Arrange plum slices and sprinkle with the cinnamon/sugar mixture. Save just a little for later to decorate.
6. Bake in GoSun for a minimum of 45 minutes. Careful when removing the tray from the tube, there will be plenty of juices if your plums contained a lot of liquid.
7. Serve hot slicing into 4 pieces with a topping of your choice, Cool Whip, Whipped Cream, Vanilla Ice Cream. Sprinkle a little additional cinnamon and sugar on top. Guten Appetit!
MODIFICATIONS AND VARIATIONS
Try this same recipe with peaches or apple slices!
Matt is an Industrial Designer, Design Strategist and founding member of GoSun Stove. An avid gardener, cyclist and outdoor explorer, Matt brings his passion for connecting and serving others to the GoSun Team.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.