Quinoa is a GoSun favorite due to its speed of cooking compared to rice and its high protein base, perfect for steamed veggies. Throw them all together and you get a well balanced delicious yet nutritious meal for two!
Yield: 2 Servings
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Total Time: 55 Minutes
- 1.5 Cups Chopped Vegetables (We used Shallots, Bell Peppers, and Broccoli chopped to .5 inch or smaller pieces)
- 2 Tablespoons Chopped Cilantro
- .5 Cup Quinoa
- 1 Cup Chicken or Vegetable Stock (If using Plain Water, add Seasoning to taste)
1. Dice the vegetables and cilantro.
2. Lightly oil the tray with a little olive oil or non-stick spray. Arrange vegetables and cilantro along the tray.
3. Distribute the quinoa evenly on top.
4. Place the end of the tray in the tube, and then add the liquid (this saves you from walking around with the liquid in the tray and having it spill out the holes in the end). The liquid should come to 1⁄4 inch of the brim.
5. The quinoa is cooked when all the water is absorbed and the grain is tender, about 45 minutes in full Sun.
6. Enjoy! Quinoa is versatile and makes a great addition to a more savory dish such as GoSun's Solaricious Salmon Filets.
Matt is an Industrial Designer, Design Strategist and founding member of GoSun Stove. An avid gardener, cyclist and outdoor explorer, Matt brings his passion for connecting and serving others to the GoSun Team.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.